Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Guilty as Charged…

images via house beautiful

I was flipping through an old House Beautiful (September 2007) last night and profusely declared my love for the above spread to Bryan.

“You’re obsessed with white” was his seemingly harmless response.

I vehemently, emphatically denied this. White dishes notwithstanding, I am not obsessed with white -- I love color, I love wallpaper, I love pattern...

After about ten minutes of mild stewing, I finally admitted that ok, maybe I’m a tad bit obsessed…a smidge, but it's not a 100%, full-blown obsession.

But then I was daydreaming on my way to work about what I really wanted to buy right now (sad, I know), and much to my surprise, it wasn’t anything frivolous or fun or, well...colorful. No, it was all just a bunch of white stuff… a stack of new white towels, a white Le Creuset casserole, a couple of Urban Outfitter’s comfy white slips that do double duty as nightgowns and extra-long layering pieces.

So yes, it appears I might actually be obsessed.

I hate it when Bryan’s right…