Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Vortex Fury 6.5x32



A few weeks ago I was asked to compare the following four binoculars at the request of one of our customers:

Leupold Katmai 6x32
Vortex Fury 6.5x32
Eagle Optics Ranger SRT 6x32
Swift Eaglet 7x36

This was the first time I conducted a side-by-side comparison that included the Fury 6.5x32. My impression? I was stunned at the Fury’s brightness and sharpness compared to the other three. The Katmai has been one of my favorite 6x mid-size binoculars (and still is for compactness), but the Fury blew it away for optical quality. Alright, I may be a bit biased. However, yesterday I learned that Wayne Mones of National Audubon recently wrote a review about the Fury 6.5x32 for his blog. For a complete list of Wayne’s favorite binoculars for birding, check out his most recent blog entry.