Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"Pink Doesn’t Have to be Precious"

Image via Remodelista

I've mentioned my love of pink before (albeit reluctantly), but my post title (lifted from Remodelista) and this adorable interview on Joanna's blog resurfaced my pink-love.

Those that know me are a little surprised by this fondness of mine for the fair hue, as it's somewhat out of sync with my wardrobe, house, etc...(Let's just say I've never met a black shirt that I couldn't work into my wardrobe or a rock that I didn't consider a perfectly acceptable decorative accessory.)

So yes, I'm mostly a neutral gal -- for me, cream is a valid color. But while overall our house has got kind of an earthy, Northern California thing going on, I decided to step out of my comfort zone by not only painting a few accent walls with something other than neutrals but also saturating Audrey's bedroom with full-on powder pink.

And here's the thing...It's without a doubt my favorite room in the house.

I do firmly believe you can "toughen" up pink to great success. Paired with grey, yellow or chocolate brown, it gives off a whole different vibe.

More pink love:

via Maditi Photography

via Lena Corwin

taken at the Hotel San Jose