Monday, October 25, 2010

Scenes from The Weekend...


I can't remember the last time I took weekend photos that didn't include the girlies...Evidence of how rarely Bryan and I go anywhere sans wee ones I suppose.

The weekend was incredibly nice. There was talking (with no interruptions -- a rarity) and reading and eating (oh my the eating...and decidedly grown-up food at that) and lots of aimless wandering with Bryan (which was really the best part).

It's funny how little "aimless wandering" we do now that we have kiddos...everything is pretty planned to avoid meltdowns and mishaps. Now that the girlies are getting a bit older, I need to work in* more wandering, as that's when all the really good stuff happens, yes?

*How's that for spontaneity? I need to plan more aimless wandering...ha!

A few highlights from the weekend (in no particular order):

arugula, slab bacon, apple and gorgonzola pizza at Cipollina / the best meal of our lives (literally) at Uchiko / tacos al carbon at Guero's (our staple)... I told you there was a lot of food / the ikat wallpaper at Mercury / everything at Spartan / the totally genius bookstore DOMY -- as a side note, I bought a copy of The Gentlewoman there, and it is without a doubt the smartest, loveliest, most interesting "woman's" magazine I've ever read (and I've read a lot)...I wish it was a monthly / the grounds at Laguna Gloria and the wandering peacocks