Thursday, November 15, 2007

BirdCamming!



I was offered to test the new BirdCam from Wingscapes but passed up on it. What the heck, I'll give them a little free press. A few other bird bloggers I know have given it a try and published reviews of the motion-detecting camera, including sample images. Looking at their results, I may have to pick one up after all! I don't know if it's capable of doing the following, but I would love to have a 24/7 camera aimed at a feeder or two and have images directly sent to my computer. How cool would it be to peruse the day's collection of images and discover that an unusual bird happened to make a one-time pit stop while I was at work?

BirdCam reviews:

Link: Laura Erickson

Link: Nuthatch

Link: Bill Schmoker

White-breasted Nuthatch © 2007 Mike McDowell