Thursday, June 3, 2010

An Outfit (Deconstructed) ...

I am not a daring dresser.

No I usually play it safe, clinging to a few basics that I wear constantly (read: until they're threadbare) and then mixing things up with fun necklaces and shoes.

As a general rule, I don't think it's a bad way to dress. But it's not necessarily exciting either -- Let's just say I'm not likely to get snapped by Garance Doré in this lifetime...

Lack of sartorial elan aside, I thought it might be fun to start a new (weekly?) feature where I share an outfit currently in heavy rotation and give you the details of each piece. (+ a few of you have e-mailed and commented lately asking where certain things are from, so it seemed like a good solution.)

Here goes, I've worn this striped tank, cardigan, jeans (now that it's getting hotter, I'll swap out the jeans for a black cotton skirt...) combo no less than five times over the past month, so I thought it would be a good ensemble to kick-off the series.

The Details: