Friday, June 4, 2010

Blogger's Favorites -- Nicole of Making it Lovely

image via making it lovely...

I'm a huge fan of Nicole's genius blog, Making it Lovely -- I love following along as she and her (completely adorable) family transform their home in Chicago...little by little, slow and steady, and always with impeccable taste. It's totally inspiring.

But there's one more thing... You see I have a deep and abiding love of pink.

I just don't admit it very often. Unlike the lovely and talented Nicole, my pink affinity is hidden and latent.

Nicole rocks the pink. Hard. There's her genius pink living room...oh and that pink rug, and then there's her fantastic design business, pink loves brown.

And her list (which I love) is chock full of the pink...(sigh.) So, without further ado, herewith Nicole's favorites. Enjoy and have a lovely week-end!


Charm Bracelets -- There must be a story behind each charm, but you get bonus points if the charm bracelet was handed down to you from your mother or grandmother. (photo via here)


Chocolate and Peanut Butter -- All I can say is thank goodness for that infamously clumsy pair walking down the street. Had they not bumped into each other, would the world have been denied this delicious combination? (photo via vosges)


Cake Stands -- I'm not really a big fan of cake, but I own three cake stands. One is an old family piece, one was a gift from a friend (it's pink hobnail glass), and one is small, white, and ceramic. I love them all. (photo via here)


Peonies -- Big, pink, ruffly, beautiful peonies are perhaps my favorite flower. I had peonies in my wedding bouquet, and we have tons of peonies planted around our home. (photo via here)


Wallpaper I love pattern so of course I love wallpaper, but there is more to it… When someone makes the decision to put up wallpaper in their home, they are making a statement about who they are (stylistically) and what they love. That's awesome. (photo via here)


Pink -- How can I list my favorites without including pink? (photo via here)